The Computer Unit is one of the key supporting units of the Faculty of Management and Finance which provides services to undergraduates, postgraduate students and to the staff of the Faculty of Management and Finance.
At present, the computer unit has two computer laboratories with fully networked 100 computers in each and other infrastructure facilities. These laboratories are available for the students and provide them required facilities for data analysis of their research work, computer applications in their course work and free Internet access throughout the day. The unit serves around 2000 undergraduates, 1000 postgraduates and for about 100 staff members at the moment. Computer Unit facilitates undergraduate and postgraduate courses by providing Sage 50 Accounting software, Enterprise Resource Planning (Sage evolution) software, Eviews, SPSS and office packages. The Computer Unit is responsible for developing and maintaining the Faculty web and email services while administrating the Faculty computer network. Further the more Unit administrates the Learning Management System (LMS) and Student Information System (SIS). The Unit is responsible for the Registration of new students as well as Course Registration and Exam Registration in each semester through the SIS.
Assistant Network Manager
Mr. Paboda Ranaweera
[BSc(Hons)(Sp) in Information Technology (SLIIT) , Specialized in Computer Systems and Networking PGD(Mgt) (UOC), Masters in Information Systems Management (Col–Reading)]
1. Learning Management System
- LMS of the Faculty of Management and Finance is based on the Moodle Learning Platform.
- The student is allowed to log in to the LMS with the user name and password.
- LMS helps students to access course materials, submit assignments, see their grades, and complete online examinations.
2. Microsoft Azure for Education
- Microsoft Azure for Education provides developer tools and learning resources for students of the Faculty of Management and Finance.
- As a student, you are eligible to free download the software applications from the Microsoft Azure portal by using your university Office 365 account.
3. Microsoft Office 365
- Full-time students are entitled to download, install and activate up to 5 copies on personal computers and 5 copies on mobile devices for the duration of their time at the University.
5. Student Information System (SIS)
- Student Information System (SIS) provides facilities to students throughout the academic life.
- It helps for Course registration, Exam registration, Repeat registration, Download exam admissions and view results.
Student Information System- Guide for Users